Tuesday 19 October 2010

DIY PRE SHAMPOO - DISASTER!!!

A recipe for disaster.........


step 1: Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan and begin to heat

step 2: Mix 3 tsp of honey to the oil and stir together well 

step 3:  crush 1 whole banana until pulpy and add to the hot oil and honey
(THIS IS WHERE I WENT WRONG!!! - You must blend the banana until there are no lumps at all!!!)



step 4: a few drops of balsamic (or cider) vinegar
step 5:  squeeze in the juice from a generous slice of lemon

step 6: continue to mix and heat until you are left with very few lumps  NO LUMPS AT ALL!!


step 7: set the mixture aside and allow to cool

step 8: once it has cooled down, apply the mixture to damp hair for 30-45 mins

I was so excited about this concoction - so much so, that I took photos throughout the process, thinking I was going to be so pleased with the results.
THIS WAS NOT THE CASE.





But at least it took my mind off things for an afternoon....

x

3 comments:

  1. Seeing as how it's been several days since you posted the video, you've probably managed to get the banana out by now.
    If not, I was wondering if you tried peanut butter? I have no idea whether it'll work on your concoction but when i was in school i always heard that it's the only way to get chewing gum out of your hair - and it washes out, promise.

    Also, it's nice to see someone who HASN'T mastered their natural hair yet. I've been transitioning since May and all I see online are people who've got it down when I still don't. I haven't gotten banana chunks stuck in my hair yet, but your video made me smile because I know I'm not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cami,

    Yes I think all traces of the banana are finally gone!! - over a week later!

    The peanut butter thing sounds risky to me- I think I'll be less hasty to use kitchen cupboard remedies in future! ha

    Hope we can help each other along the way! Thanks for reading.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a blender, you can put the concotion in that.

    Or use banana baby food :)

    ReplyDelete